Anonymous asked: How can you not see that men are discriminated against in the west? No reproductive rights, the draft, bias in family courts, female only gyms, receiving harsher sentenced than women, amongst many other things, are you being willfully ignorant?
- "No reproductive rights"? Really? Just because you can’t legally force a woman to carry your child to term (at least not yet), that means you have "no reproductive rights"? Do you not see the irony of that statement when the U.S. Congress spends so much time actively trying to limit the reproductive rights of women?
- "The draft"? Oh, you mean when powerful men took their misogynistic view that women were incapable of fighting and their paternalistic view that women needed men to protect them, and decided that only men could be conscripted to fight the wars that other men started? Yeah, that was totally "discrimination against men." (Also, it hasn’t happened in forty years, so maybe it’s time to retire this sad little chesnut.)
- "Bias in family courts"? Sorry, but that simply doesn’t exist (not in the U.S., anyway), and MRAs have never once offered a shred of evidence to the contrary, because there isn’t any. I’ve written about this extensively before, so rather than repeat myself, you can just read this.
- "Female only gyms"? Are you fucking kidding me? This is discrimination? Are you high right now? Gyms can be hostile places for women, where they can never feel comfortable or safe because eighty jacked-up dude bros are creeping on them at all times. So a handful of private organizations decided to open their own place where women can work out in comfort and peace. What about that says "discrimination" to you?
- "Receiving harsher sentences than women"? You do realize, to the extent that still happens, that it’s still wrapped up in those same paternalistic notions about "protecting" the "fairer sex" from the harshness of prison. There’s a hell of a lot wrong with the prison system, and a lot of issues that need addressing, but the "discrimination of men" ain’t one of them.
actually, sorry to burst your bubble, but bias in family courts absolutely does exist.
Oh yay, yet another person who makes this incredibly large and audacious claim, in the face of overwhelming contradictory evidence, with exactly zero supporting evidence to back it up. Sorry, the bubble of common sense and demonstrated evidence remains unburst.
They’re all the same
There absolutely is a bias in child custody, women are overwhelmingly awarded custody by the father themselves.
So they are right, women are awarded custody more often then men, BY THE FATHERS OF THE CHILDREN.